Only recommended for use under the guidance of a health practitioner. Please only purchase if recommended by Dr Anna Forbes following consultation or by your Doctor.
Methyl Factors has been developed to help support those who need extra methyl donor nutrients to facilitate the methylation process in the body. Methyl groups are the body’s messengers; they join with other compounds to “jump-start” reactions, such as turning on or off a gene, or activating an enzyme.
It includes vitamin B1 (as the lipid soluble benfotiamine) along with TMG (trimethylglycine), vitamin B6 (as pyridoxal-5-phosphate), B12 (as methylcobalamin), vitamin B2 (riboflavin 5-phosphate) – all of these nutrients donate methyl groups – and zinc.
- Helps support the nervous system and detoxification pathways in the body.
- TMG, vitamin B6, vitamin B12 and methylfolate collectively provide a full spectrum of methyl donor nutrients.
- Zinc has been added to help protect and support those who drink alcohol regularly.
- This formula comprises folic acid as methylfolate as it is the most stable, safe and bio-effective supplemental form of folate and the only form useful to people with impaired methylation.
- This supplement includes vitamin B12 as methylcobalamin, the most bio-effective form.
- Folate, vitamin B12, betaine and vitamin B6 all have the permitted health claim of ‘contributing to normal homocysteine metabolism’.