Vitamin K2 works synergistically with vitamin D. We need both in adequate amounts to ensure optimum biological activity of both vitamins. Therefore, if supplementing with vitamin D, we need to also include sources of vitamin K2 in our diets.
Those at particular risk of vitamin D deficiency are children (under 5 years), the elderly (65 years +), people who rarely get outdoors (lack of sunshine) and people with dark skin
- Aids the normal absorption and utilisation of calcium and phosphorus.
- Supports normal blood calcium levels.
- Maintains bones, teeth, muscle function and the immune system.
- Has a role in the process of cell division.
- Needed for normal growth and development of bones in children.
- Normal blood clotting.
- Maintains normal bones.